How to Create Combo Box with Data Source from the Table
In this how to, I will show the step of creating the combo box with the data source from the table in current database. In this example, I will use the table customer type for combo box data.
1. Created blank form and right hand click on the Detail black bar to insert the Form Header under the design view
4. Select table tbl_Customer_Type from the table list then click Next > button
8. Double click on the combo box to open a Property Sheet. Under the Event property, select the Event Procedure on the After Update Event and click on 3 dots (…) to add the VBA code.
9. In this example, I have my combo box name Combo4 and a subform name tbl_Customer subform2 inserted into the Form Detail Section (How to Create Subform). I want to show only customers with the customer type matching with the customer type that I selected on the combo box. I need to put the code below on the After Update Event of combo box.
10. After I selected the Individual of customer type from the combo box then the subform will display only the customers with the customer type of Individual shown below.